- Post Number: DPZBSA
- Division: Non-Bournemouth Borough Council Vacancy
- Salary details: £ - £ (Pro rata for part time)
- Contract Type: Casual/Relief
- Employment Status: Variable Hours
- Sub Section:
Closing date: 28 February 2019
About the Role:
We are looking for a Personal Care Assistant to provide support to our Mum (55 years old), who has Frontotemporal Dementia and requires support with daily tasks. This will be in the comfort of her own home and nice surroundings.
Most of the time Mum is her usual friendly and chatty self however her interactions are becoming more limited. She enjoys watching films, socialising and going for walks therefore the ideal person will have similar interests, as well as a good sense of humour and bags of patience.
We are looking for someone to provide support on a Sunday (up to 7 hours) and additional hours on Thursday or Friday. Flexibility to cover shifts due to holiday and sickness is essential. Pay rate is up to £9.00ph (depending on experience).
Main Duties will include but not limited to:
- Personal care
- Preparing meals
- Visiting friends, places of interest and going for walks
- Previous care experience in a similar role is essential and ideally dementia experience as well
- Must have patience, enjoy socialising and be reliable
- Confident to be directive as and when required
- Clean driving license (mileage will be covered)
- DBS checks will be carried out
- Legally able to work in UK
- English speaking
- Flexibility to cover holiday for other Carers is essential
Payments will be made through PAYE.
For further information please contact Sam on 07841 041602.