- Post Number: DPZBDA
- Division: Non-Bournemouth Borough Council Vacancy
- Salary details: £ - £ (Pro rata for part time)
- Contract Type: Casual/Relief
- Employment Status: Casual
- Location: Bournemouth
- Sub Section:
Closing date: 28 February 2019
Personal Care Assistant - Bournemouth BH5 Southbourne area
About the Role:
I am looking for a Personal Care Assistant to provide support to my son, who has autism and learning difficulties.
The role will be split between 3-4 PA’s, covering a total of 45 hours per week term time, and 65 hours per week during holidays, Monday to Saturday. The rate of pay will be £9.50 per hour.
Full days Tuesday and Wednesday available. Also, some evenings and weekends by arrangement.
I also need additional support for 2 nights per week, 10 hours per night at £7.83 per hour.
The ideal candidate will be one who can offer some flexibility regarding hours.
Main Duties will include but not limited to:
- To support with socialising so that my son does not become socially isolated
- To support at home to ensure he is safe
- taking places such as cinema, shops, swimming, littledown centre activities
- To encourage healthily eating
- To encourage exercise
- cleaning and tidying
- to assist in the care of his pets, dog, lovebird and tortoise
- To support with some personal care
- To support to attend appointments
- To monitor behaviour and mental health
- Previous PA experience in a similar role is essential and knowledge and/or experience of autism is essential
- Must be able to deal with challenging behaviour
- Must have patience, enjoy socialising and be reliable
- must have clear communication
- Confident to be directive as and when required
- Full driving license
- DBS Checks will be carried out
- Legally Able to Work in UK
For more information or to discuss the role further, please contact Ashley on 07508230063, or email your CV to email@example.com